From: Jazz Promo Services
Press Contact: Jim Eigo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jazz-Fusion Guitarist Jake Hertzog Returns to The Iridium Jazz Club
Jake Hertzog is one of the most original and exciting new guitarists on the scene. Performing with the venerated rhythm section of Harvie S (bass) and Victor Jones (drums) the Jake Hertzog Trio bends genres with their exhilarating live performances. Appearing at what has become their New York home, The Iridium Jazz club, this is an event not to miss, as the band prepares for their 3rd studio album to be released this spring. Jake Hertzog Trio with Harvie S (bass) and Victor Jones (drums)
The Iridium Jazz Club
1650 Broadway (at 51 St.)
Saturday, January 8th Midnight Set
Official APAP Event
Praise for Jake’s latest album "Patterns" on Buckyball Records "Hertzog uses a maze of overdubbed tones that recall the joyous
creativity of a young Pat Metheny… The young guitarist has unlimited potential."
– Bill Meredith, Jazz Times "Echoes of Metheny, Stern, and Breau (among others) surface in Hertzog’s playing, but his dazzlingly adventurous approach puts him in a jazz league all his own."
– Art Thompson, Guitar Player Magazine "It’s almost safe to say that this sounds like nothing you’ve heard before. This is the guitar record you play when you absolutely, positively need to have your mind melted."
– Chris Spector, Midwest Records "A new force in the world of jazz"
– Steve Roberts, ZNR Records “…undeniably killing.”
– Bill Milkowski, Jazz Critic & Author “Jake Hertzog is a risk-taker and a mind-blowing guitarist. There is nothing else like it.”
– Susan Frances, JazzReview.Com http://www.jakehertzog.com/