For immediate Release:
Eyran Katsenelenbogen 2019 Outstandards CD Release
Jazz Broadcast and Printed Media
Street Date: December 5, 2019
Boston, MA – September 19, 2019 – Eyran Records announces the release of master jazz pianist Eyran Katsenelenbogen’s highly anticipated new solo album, Outstandards.
"I would like to thank the wonderful students at the New England Conservatory Preparatory School for inspiring many of the pieces on Outstandards and their arrangements." — Eyran Katsenelenbogen
In Outstandards, pianist Eyran Katsenelenbogen presents jazzy renditions of classical cornerstones such as “Für Elise" (Beethoven) and Mozart’s “Piano Sonata in C major" alongside jazz classics such as “Tea for Two" (Youmans / Caesar) and “Cheek to Cheek" (Berlin). Katsenelenbogen also revisits Chick Corea’s “Armando’s Rhumba," which was released on his CD Solotude in 2005 and delivers an intimate performance of “Insensatez" (How Insensitive) (Jobim / De Moraes). Prior to their recording for the CD, all the pieces on Outstandards were performed extensively during Eyran’s concert tours in China in 2014 and 2016. The piece “Insensetaz" (How Insensitive) carries a special meaning for Katsenelenbogen and is dedicated it to his parents, in gratitude for their eternal love.
Praise for Eyran Katsenelenbogen
“Perhaps Katsenelenbogen is most in league with Art Tatum for this fact: he sets the bar towards which other pianists must strive." — Jay Deshpande, All About Jazz
“He is a passionate man who feels deeply, and he has the talent to express those feelings through his playing. You can not help but be moved by his performance." — Frank Rubolino, Cadence
“And the fact that, as on Outstandards, Eyran can arrange the most well known classical themes as stride or bebop without losing their essence further defines the term 'virtuoso.'" — Andrea Canter, Jazz Police
Requests for artist press packet includingOutstandards review / airplay copy may be directed to
Eyran Katsenelenbogen Management: email@example.com
Booking & Marketing Contacts:
Eyran Records Concert Manager
Eyran Records Public Relations Director
Eyran Katsenelenbogen Management
902 Brookside Drive, Andover, MA 01810 USA
Phone 00 1 617 267 2648
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org• Web: www.EYRAN.com
1. Libertango (Piazzolla / Arr. Katsenelenbogen) Downtown Dlj Obo Curci Usa Music Publishing, S D R M;
S.I.A.E. Direzione Generale(3:23)
2. Für Elise (Beethoven / Arr. Katsenelenbogen) Eyran Records Publishing(3:15)
3. Sonata No. 16 in C major K. 545: I. Allegro (Mozart / Arr. Katsenelenbogen)
Eyran Records Publishing(3:50)
4. Prelude in C-sharp minor Op. 3, No. 2 (Rachmaninoff / Arr. Katsenelenbogen)
Eyran Records Publishing(6:18)
5. Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms / Arr. Katsenelenbogen)Eyran Records Publishing(3:29)
6. Cheek to Cheek (Berlin) Irving Berlin Music Company(3:35)
7. Tea for Two (Youmans / Caesar)WB Music Corp. Obo Irving Caesar Music Corp; WB MusicCorp.(3:29)
8. Prelude in C minor, BWV 847 and Improvisation (Bach / Arr. Katsenelenbogen)
Eyran Records Publishing(6:09)
9. Armando's Rhumba (Corea)Universal Music Corp. Obo Litha Music Co.(3:46)
10. Theme for Ernie (Lacey / Stevens)Prestige Music(5:36)
11. Insensatez (How Insensitive) (Jobim / De Moraes) Songs of Universal Inc. (4:03)
12. Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)(Jobim / De Moraes)Corcovado Music Corp.; VM Enterprises Inc. (6:35)
13. The Windmills of Your Mind (Legrand)Emi U Catalog Inc. (7:28)
14. Just You, Just Me (Greer / Klages)Emi April Music Inc. Obo Ole Grand Films(2:27)
Total Time: 63:23
Watch The Outstandards Promotional Video posted on Youtube
Eyran Katsenelenbogen performs on a Steinway & Sons D 9’ concert grand piano.
Recordedon June 25, 2014 and December 16, 2016 at Shalin Liu Performance Center, Rockport, MA.
Audio Engeneer: Thomas Stephenson, Emmanuel Audio Recording, Boston, MA.
Editing and Mastering: Vincere Sylph, Vincere Sylph Productions, Andover, MA.
Disc Image: Mark Donahue, Soundmirror, Inc., Boston, MA.
Artist Photography: Vincere Sylph.
Still Image from Video: Richard Malcolm.
Replication: Superdups, Salem, NH.
Produced by: Eyran Katsenelenbogen.
Eyran Records 9030 © ℗2019 Eyran Records. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this recording prohibited.
This project was made possible with funding from New England Conservatory
902 BROOKSIDE DRIVE• ANDOVER, MA 01810
TELEPHONE: 617 267 2648 • E-MAIL: EYRAN@EYRAN.COM • WEB: WWW.EYRAN.COM